Traci Houpapa MNZM JP
Traci is an award winning company director and a recognised industry leader. She specialises in strategic and economic development advice to Maori, iwi, public and private sector clients throughout New Zealand. Traci is known for her strong and inclusive leadership and her clear focus on building the wealth and prosperity of Aotearoa New Zealand.
In 2012 Traci was named as one of the top ten most influential women in New Zealand agribusiness. In 2013 she was named amongst the Listener’s top ten influencers in New Zealand and was a finalist in the Fairfax Media Westpac Women of Influence Awards (“WOI”). In 2014, Traci won the WOI Board and Management award. In 2015, Westpac named Traci on its “NZ Women Powerbrokers” list. Traci has also recently been awarded the Massey University Distinguished Alumni Service Award for services to New Zealand agribusiness and Maori.
Traci has an MBA from Massey University and is a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit, a Justice of the Peace and a Marriage Celebrant.
- FOMA ‘Federation of Maori Authorities’, Chairman
- Landcorp Farming Limited, Chairman
- W3 Wool Unleashed PGP, Chairman
- National Advisory Council on the Employment of Women, Chairman
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan NZ Forests Investment Limited, Director
- Pengxin New Zealand Farm Management Limited, Director
- Primary Industry Training Organisation, Director
- Strada Corporation Limited, Director
- Tuhono Whenua Horticulture Limited, Director
- Waikato River Authority, Ministerial Appointment
- Asia New Zealand Foundation, Trustee
- Mystery Creek Fieldays, Honourary Vice President