Traci Houpapa MNZM JP
Traci is an award winning company director and a recognised industry leader. She is a trusted advisor to Maori, Government, public and private sector entities on strategic and economic development, and is known for her strong and inclusive leadership and her clear focus on building the wealth and prosperity of Aotearoa New Zealand.
As a Chartered Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Directors, Traci is recognised as a role model for other directors and business leaders. Traci has been named as one of the top ten most influential women in New Zealand agribusiness and the Listener’s top ten influencers in New Zealand. She won the Westpac Fairfax Media Women of Influence Board and Management award and has been named on Westpac’s NZ Women Powerbrokers list. Traci has been awarded the Massey University Distinguished Alumni Service Award for services to New Zealand agribusiness and Maori, and named amongst the BBCs 100 Most Influential Women in the World.
Traci has an MBA from Massey University and is a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit, a Justice of the Peace and a Marriage Celebrant.
- FOMA ‘Federation of Maori Authorities’, Chairman
- W3 Wool Unleashed Primary Growth Partnership, Chairman
- National Advisory Council on the Employment of Women, Chairman
- Hineuru Holdings Limited, Chairman
- Te Arawa Group Holdings Limited, Chairman
- Australia NZ Leaders Forum Indigenous Business Sector Group, NZ Co-Chairman
- Chiefs Rugby Club Limited, Director
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan NZ Forests Investment Limited, Director
- New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Director
- Predator Free 2050 Limited, Director
- The NZ Treasury Board, Non-executive director
- Massey University, Council member
- Asia New Zealand Foundation, Honourary Advisor
- Mystery Creek Fieldays, Honourary Vice President
- Global Women New Zealand
- SuperDiversity Institute
- Rural Women New Zealand
- Maori Women’s Welfare League
- NZ Institute of Directors